MOVIMIENTO SCREEN PRINTING FELLOWSHIP
Trucha in collaboration with IMAS and Tree Haus Creative announce the Open Call for the
Movimento Screen Printing Fellowship. The in-person program is open to 2 teams of 1-2 visual
artists of the Rio Grande Valley (Cameron, Hidalgo, Willacy and Starr Counties) practicing or interested in learning
screen printing. Artists ages 18 or older are invited to apply.
The goal for the Movimiento Screen Printing Fellowship is to provide local artists the resources to create new socially engaged screen printed work or projects. They will share their process with the Trucha viewers and grow as a printmaker under the guidance of Tree Haus Creative Studios. During the program, artists will participate in interviews, a digital or in-person artist Platica or a demonstration of their work process. The one-month program will end in an exhibition at the International Museum of Arts and
Science in February 2024. Artists will be selected by the Trucha, IMAS, THC Staff.
To apply please submit:
- Artist statement: 200 words or less.
- Artist resume or CV with contact information: No more than 3 pages
- Description of the body of work, or project you would like to create: 500-word or less.
- Portfolio — Submit up to 10 work samples — may include audio, image (high resolution
JPEGs), and video files (or links) — of original work created within the past two years.
- Label: Name of work-dimensions-medium-date.jpeg
○ Example: untitled-4by4inch(or ft)-inkonpaper-2022.jpeg
- Be able to provide a W-9 or ITIN
For more information about the Trucha Screen Printing Fellowship, or if you have any questions or need assistance in completing your proposal, please contact Josue Ramirez at email@example.com.
Professional Internship Program
We provide and support local UTRGV and STC students wishing to continue their education, in a hands-on environment, with a wide range of resources and professional equipment.
The Professional Internship Program supplies interns with paid and part-time experience. Applications are closed until 2024.